M.A. in Political Science
Apply here now!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until July 15.
The Political Science Department at Georgia State University invites applications to study for the Masters of Arts degree.
- The degree offers a choice of four concentrations: General Political Science, American Politics, International and Comparative Politics, and Public Law.
- The degree is taught primarily in-person through small seminars, but students also have the option of taking some of their courses online.
- All courses are taught by full-time faculty and emphasize interaction among students and professors.
- The GRE will be waived for applicants with a bachelor’s degree in political science or a related field, from an accredited university, and with an overall GPA of at least 3.5. The LSAT and GMAT can also be substituted for the GRE.
- Students may complete the degree in 15 months full-time, or they may take longer to complete it on a part-time basis.
- Low in-state tuition rates apply, and several funding assistance options are available on a competitive basis for both in-state and out-of-state students.
- The program has a close relationship with the Georgia Municipal Association, which provides extensive opportunities for our students to lead consulting projects with Georgia city governments in return for academic credit.
This program is geared towards students who want a deep foundation in the current scholarship of political science. It can be taken as a terminal degree for someone seeking a career in government, politics, law, or a related field, or it can be taken as the first step to a doctorate. Unlike our online degrees, this M.A. focuses more on developing a student’s independent research.