M.A. in Professional Politics
Apply here now!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until July 15.
The Political Science Department at Georgia State University offers an M.A. concentration in Professional Politics which can be completed fully online, fully in-person, or with a mix of the two.
- All courses are taught by full-time faculty and emphasize interaction among students and professors.
- The GRE will be waived for applicants with a bachelor’s degree in political science or a related field, from an accredited university, and with an overall GPA of at least 3.5. The LSAT and GMAT can also be substituted for the GRE.
- ***Please note that we are currently waiving the GRE requirement due to COVID-19.***
- Low in-state tuition rates apply, and several funding assistance options are available on a competitive basis for both in-state and out-of-state students.
- The program has a close relationship with the Georgia Municipal Association, which provides extensive opportunities for our students to lead consulting projects with Georgia city governments in return for academic credit.
This concentration provides the professional skills needed by those pursuing career paths in public service and politics. It is offered as a terminal degree with a non-thesis option and can be undertaken in a traditional classroom setting, fully online, or hybridized.