- Our dedicated faculty is known nationally and internationally for their cutting-edge research, outstanding scholastic achievements and expertise in diverse areas of political science.
- Twelve tenured and tenure-track scholars in the areas of International Relations and Comparative Politics.
- Twelve tenured and tenure-track Americanist scholars, five of whom also specialize in Judicial Politics/Public Law.
- Two political theorists.
- Three full-time lecturers who lead award-winning academic teams and connect our students to the broader community and the world beyond the classroom.
- Political Science faculty is active in research centers around campus, including the Asian Studies, Latin American and Latino Studies, Human Rights and Democracy, and Middle East Centers.
- More than 600 undergraduate students majoring in Political Science.
- Within Political Science, students can further specialize in Pre-law or International Affairs.
- Internships, Study Abroad and Exchange Programs, Model UN, Arab League, and Mock Trial Teams.
- Political Science’s graduate program is ranked #72 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Ph.D. and M.A. specializations in International Relations, Comparative Politics, American Politics, Public Law/Judicial Politics, Political Theory, and Research Methods.
- 18-month M.A. program in Professional Politics and Governance Practices.
- 15-month online M.A. program for K-12 Social Studies educators.
- 4+1 program where students get a B.A. and M.A. in five years. Some students are eligible for HOPE Scholarships where the undergraduate tuition rate applies for your first year of graduate study.
- Full-time and part-time options.
- Departmental assistantships available for doctoral students; funding options offered for M.A. candidates.
Learning in Atlanta
Atlanta is a hub for international business, foreign diplomatic missions, media, creative industries and government agencies from global to local levels. GSU’s Political Science Department has relationships with Atlanta-based businesses, the state legislature, and government agencies at federal, state and local levels, and non-profits focusing on issues ranging from improving our justice system to conserving the planet. We can connect you with the optimum opportunity to expand your world and explore career opportunities while you pursue your degree.