Sean Ditzel

Sean Ditzel

Posted On November 16, 2015
Categories Alumni Success

“When I was a student, I wish I had known that the habits you make in college generally stay with you for life!”

What are your typical day-to-day activities in your career?

I am an attorney at a boutique family law firm in Atlanta. I represent mostly high net-worth and high profile individuals through various family law matter including adoption, divorce, child support and custody. When I am not drafting/researching discovery and pleadings, I am frequently in court, deposition or mediation.

What process did you go through to enter (or rise) to your position? Which skills and experiences distinguished you from other candidates?

I started as a pre-law political science student and president of the pre-law club at Georgia State, learning from very knowledgeable professors about my future profession. I then attended law school at UGA, where in addition to a grueling class schedule I also participated in the Mock Trial Advocacy Team and Student Bar Organization. Now, as an attorney, in addition to my daily work I stay involved in various bar organizations. I believe that having a well-rounded experience in school and in your career helps keep you balanced and prevents you from “burning out.”

“When I was a student, I wish I had known….”

When I was a student, I wish I had known that the habits you make in college generally stay with you for life! For instance, I took all early classes and loved being a morning person in college. Now, I still tend to be a morning person even if I fight that urge.