Register Today for Summer 2017!Summer 2017 is coming. Are you ready to make the most of it?
- Michael Herb Named New ChairMichael Herb has been named chair of Political Science beginning July 1, 2017. He succeeds Carrie Manning, who has served as chair for the past six years. “Mike brings many strengths to the position as a scholar, teacher, and as an active member of the department, college and university,” said Sara Rosen, dean of the… more »News
- Political Science Speaker Series Hits Home Runs!“This year’s Political Science Speaker Series was a tremendous success!” said Chair of Political Science Carrie Manning. Launched in the 2014-2015 academic year with Associate Professor Ryan E. Carlin coordinating, “the program is a valuable asset not only to graduate and undergraduate students, but also to faculty,” said Dr. Manning. “Featuring an array of speakers… more »News
- 2017 Zoukis Summer Institute on Crime, Punishment & Sentencing: May 2-4The third annual Zoukis Summer Institute on Crime, Punishment & Sentencing, will held May 2 to 4 in 1076 Langdale Hall in the GSU Political Science Department, host of the event. Students, faculty and the public are invited to attend the informative panels described in the schedule here. This three-day institute will feature panels… more »News
- Distinguished Visiting Professor Christina Bejarano Brings Expertise in Latinos and Women to GSU “We are honored to have Christina Bejarano as our distinguished visiting professor in Political Science,” said Chair Carrie Manning. “Dr. Bejarano brings a valuable perspective on both Latinos and women to complement Political Science’s other course offerings.” Dr. Bejarano will teach a Maymester course at GSU, POLS 4190- Studies in American Politics: Latino… more »News
- Dr. Naim and Dr. Gershon Receive Faculty Awards“The Department of Political Science is honored to have two recipients among the College of Arts and Sciences 2017 Faculty Award winners,” said Chair Carrie Manning. “Our faculty is dedicated to nurturing our students and providing them with valuable experiences to prepare them for meaningful careers.” Rashid Naim, principal senior lecturer and director for the… more »News
- Adaptive Learning Courseware Increases Learning and RetentionLecturer Mike Evans and Associate Professor Toby Bolsen in Political Science recently discussed their innovative new project that uses Adaptive Learning Courseware to increase learning and retention of course material. Georgia State University is one of seven public universities nationally participating in the use of high-quality adaptive courseware to personalize learning that promotes completion while… more »News
- Get ahead in your degree this summer….Any major — Still need to finish your core requirements? POLS 1101 and 2401 are both offered this summer FULLY ONLINE. Prefer to meet in person? We have seats available for Maymester or full summer courses. Are you a Political Science major? Knock out some of your major requirements in Maymester, or in… more »News
- GSU’s Political Science Graduate Program Ranked #72 by U.S. News & World ReportGeorgia State University’s Political Science Graduate program is now ranked #72 in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 ranking of the best political science programs nationally. “We’re delighted GSU’s Political Science program for graduate students has risen 11 spots, from #83 to #72,” said Carrie Manning, chair of Political Science. “We encourage more students to… more »News
K-12 social studies educators can earn an M.A. in Political Science online in just 15 months.
Explore Your Future