Welcome to the Department of Political Science at Georgia State University. Our faculty and students examine the most pressing and enduring puzzles of politics and policy at the local, national, and global levels. With research expertise and a passion for teaching in all of the major fields in the discipline – American Government, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory, Public Law and Research Methods – the Department offers innovative and comprehensive programs leading to the BA, MA, and PhD degrees. Our PhD program is ranked #83 nationally among political science graduate programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- Dr. Andrew Wedeman’s interview with the Wall Street Journal on corruption in Chinese military Ex-Military Leader in China Is Subject of Graft Inquiry Former Gen. Guo Boxiong was placed under investigation, becoming the most senior military official brought down in President Xi Jinping’s campaign against corruption. Full story here Professor Andrew WedemanNews
- Dr. Lakeyta Bonnette talks about confederate flag and popular culture on GPB 88.5 On Second Thought for Tuesday, June 30, 2015: Headlee discusses the Confederate flag’s place in pop culture with Southern pop culture blogger and University of North Carolina history professor Karen Cox and Lakeyta Bonnette, a Georgia State University political science/Black political attitudes professor. Finally, for over a year, two filmmakers have been documenting people… more »News
- Yasmina Pierre Receives Fulbright Award Yasmina Pierre a political science graduate of Georgia State University’s College of Arts and Sciences (BA ’14) has been offered a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to South Korea in Korean Studies, the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board announced recently. Pierre will travel to South Korea… more »News
- Dr. Charles Hankla talks trade promotion authority (TPA)“Four lessons for US and world as president finally gets what he wants: a free hand on trade” After a long, bruising fight, the US Senate finally passed a bill to give the president the trade promotion authority (TPA, aka fast track) that he has been seeking for months. The House already approved the measure… more »News
- Dr. Charles Hankla talks trade policy and the hurdles to getting a deal doneAfter the Senate’s refusal to pass trade promotion authority (TPA) on May 12, some trade advocates feared that President Obama’s ongoing commercial negotiations with Asia and Europe would die a slow death. Yesterday’s narrow vote in the Senate to close debate on TPA – a key hurdle to final passage – promises to lift their… more »News
- Dr. Ryan Carlin is interviewed by laSegunda on major corruption scandals in Chile Dr.Carlin gives his expert analysis on current major corruption scandals in Chile. Please see complete interview hereNews
- Dr. Sean Richey and Sophie Zhu explore does getting Internet access make people better citizens?What would happen if someone who did not have Internet access suddenly got it? Would they become more interested in politics, learn more about it and even feel more able to influence the political world? It’s certainly plausible that the answer is yes. The Internet would seem to put lots of information about politics at… more »News
- Dr. Toby Bolsen wins Outstanding Faculty Achievement Award Dr. Toby Bolsen have been named a recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Achievement Award by Georgia State’s 2015 Faculty Awards Committee. He was nominated based on his sustained and outstanding record in scholarship and instruction, and his continued dedication to excellence in instruction and learning.News
Upcoming Events See Full Calendar »
There are no upcoming events.